Algiers at a Glance
The capital of Algeria has a rich and exciting history; the bay side town is full of gems that are just waiting to be discovered on your cheap holiday to Algiers.
You'll Love Algiers if...
- You're looking for Mediterranean sun and rich history.
- You want an educational holiday with fantastic weather and views.
- You're a couple looking for an exotic get away.
Algiers is the capital city of Algeria, set on the west side of a bay of the Mediterranean Sea and is famed for its stunning architecture, making it the perfect couples retreat for 2013.
- Head to the old town, the warren like casbah is a Unesco world heritage site, an absolute must see. Get lost in history and culture, wonder the River’s Gate district famed for its ‘Three Clocks’ and ‘Market Triplet’. It is known as the darling of the city.
- For great food reflecting the French, Berber and Ottoman ancestry head to the heart of the city.
- If you’re on romantic getaway check out the Sahara trips that are available from Algiers.
- The North African gem of Algiers is the perfect place to visit to experience something truly unique. The Neo-Moorish Grand Post office is an exemplary piece of Architecture unlike anything else.
- If history and culture are you thing then get the cable car up to Notre Dame d’Afrique, built in 1858 this Basilica used to attract well to do Victorians to this port city. Meet friendly locals and marvel at the former fisherman’s houses down by the relaxing sea front, also a great area to sample fresh sea food.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
Don’t be restricted by package holidays to Algiers, create your own tailor made holiday by finding the cheapest prices available for your next holiday to Algiers with lowcostholidays.com today.