Estancias at a Glance
Those wanting to enjoy a rustic taste of Argentina might want to consider staying in a traditional Argentinian ranch or Estancias. These rural estates can be found throughout the country and offer a comfortable base from which to explore. Visitors can expect to return after the end of a day’s sightseeing to the warmth of a campfire, some home baked bread and hot mate, a traditional tea beverage, poured by the hosts.
- Groups wanting a traditional holiday to Argentina.
- Couples looking for a holiday with a difference, possibly with activities such as horse riding available.
- Those wanting to immerse themselves in the tradition and history of Argentina.
What to expect from Estancias
- Estancias are peppered throughout Argentina and they all vary greatly in terms of style of building, what you can get up to on site, and who runs them. Many are still working ranches, some are modest family run homes and others are luxury wine estates welcoming visitors to relax and enjoy excursions.
- They all have one thing in common though, they offer a unique holiday experience, and yet because of the variety of style and choice you’ll be able to find one to suit your tastes and your budget.
- A typical Estancia is a mansion, often built in a mix of French, English or colonial style, with the main residence usually having been converted to accommodate the guests. The elegant main residence often overlooks the countryside part of the ranch, where you might see cattle, goats and horses graze.
- Those wishing to sample traditional Argentinean cuisine will be pleased to know that Estancias are renowned for their excellent cooking and evenings often feature barbeques of fresh local lamb, beef and vegetables freshly picked from the gardens.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
Your holiday to Argentina is just a mouse-click away so make sure you book your break through lowcostholidays.com today for the most attractive deals and offers on the market.