Misiones at a Glance
Those in search of paradise on earth should consider a holiday to Misiones. One of Argentina’s 23 provinces it’s situated in the north-eastern corner in the Mesoptamica region, and boasts some of the most beautiful scenery, waterfalls and wildlife in the world. The area is largely made up of subtropical rainforests so expect to see incredible plants, flowers and wildlife. There are also a number of cities to explore such as the capital, Posadas.
- Couples in search of a trip of a lifetime to one of the most naturally beautiful places in the world.
- Those looking to commune with nature and get a flavour of Argentinian city life.
- Adventurous families with older children looking for a destination that is both educational and beautiful.
Misiones Top Attractions
Holidays to Misiones are all about the wonders of nature, and you’ll be surrounded by some of the most incredible flora, fauna and waterfalls in the world;
- Visiting the rainforest is top of most visitors to do list and it’s not hard to see why. An outstanding area of natural beauty. Take guided tours and get to see at first hand some incredible plant and animal life.
- Part of the Iguazu National Park, the Iguazu Falls are truly spectacular and simply not to be missed. Taller than Niagara Falls, and twice the width, this awesome force of nature has to be seen to be believed, don’t forget your camera to take some incredible snaps!
- Visitors who want to trade in the natural world for urban life for a day or two should head to one of Misiones cities. The capital Posadas is worth checking out and has a collection of museums, botanical gardens, and a variety of shops and restaurants.
- Those interested in history may wish to check out the Jesuit Ruins, an outstanding example of Guarani baroque style and one of the best preserved mission ruins in this part of Argentina.
- The Wanda Amethyst mines, just 45 km from the city of Iguaza, is another popular daytrip and a must for those interested in geology and the natural world.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're Fully Licensed.
Book your trip to Misiones today on lowcostholidays.com for a tailor made trip to suit your needs and your budget.