Rio Negro at a Glance
Situated at the northern edge of Argentina, the province of Rio Negro is most famous for its share of rocky Patagonia and namesake river. Holidays to Rio Negro offer adventurous travellers everything from warm sandy waters to breathtaking national parks simply waiting to be discovered and enjoyed.
You'll Love Rio Negro if...
- Your a couple looking for an romantic destination off the beaten track.
- Your adventurous group fancy an alternative to the usual outdoor activities.
- Your family want a mixture of bustling towns and nature exploring while on holilday.
Perfect Holidays in Rio Negro
Rio Negro, located in the mountainous Patagonia region of Argentina is a versatile getaway perfect for adventurous families, groups and couples. With such a variety of holidays to Rio Negro available, you can pick and choose the way you spend your time from relaxing beach breaks to once in a lifetime outdoor excursions.
- For action packed cheap family holidays head to the lakeside town of San Carlos de Bariloche to enjoy the best trekking, mountain biking and horse riding in the summer. The kids will love the wilderness camping opportunities available, while you can take a big breath of fresh air in the scenic surroundings. In the winter it also hosts one of the countries most famous ski resorts.
- For more adventurous ski holidays to Rio Negro look no further than Cerro Catedral, the biggest ski resort in South America with 62 miles of perfect pistes nestled inside the beautiful Nahuel Huapi National Park.
- El Bolson is the place to visit on your trip to Rio Negro to sample locally made beers, chocolate and fill up your suitcase handmade souvenirs.
- For relaxing budget beach holidays take a trip to Las Gruntas, a small seaside town on the Atlantic coast boasting the warmest waters in Argentina, one of a kind cusinine and a quaint local feel. It’s the ideal romantic getaway to discover the provinces most beautiful beach, lying calmly just below a naturally carved out cave.
Top Attractions in Rio Negro
- Perito Moreno glacier is placed just near El Calafate and offers some of the best trekking trips in South America for spotting local wildlife and capturing some breathtaking landscape views.
- Hire a kayak and paddle your way around Nahuel Huapi National Park, some trips even offer an overnight stay accompanied by guides.
- Dance the night away to unmistakable Latin beats on your holiday to Rio Negro in Bilaroche’s many bars and nightclubs while sipping on a delicious glass of local beer or brandy.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
Here at lowcostholidays.com we’re dedicated to finding you the best deals to help you plan your holiday to Rio Negro. From luxury family holidays to tailor made group adventures, we will help you create the perfect trip to suit your taste and budget.