Cafayate at a Glance
Situated in the Salta province of Argentina, Cafayate is an attractive city in a rural setting, making it the perfect destination for anybody hoping to unwind and soak up some of the local culture. The area around Cafayate is renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty, with a series of striking rock formations in addition to a chain of spectacular river valleys. Cafayate boasts a wide range of restaurants and bars, and the local wine is some of the finest produced in Argentina.
- Food lovers, Argentina is known for its bountiful produce, and in particular dishes such as empanadas, tamales and humitas. In addition to that the region around Cafayate produces superb wine, making this a great destination for food fans.
- Thos interested in different cultures. From old colonial architecture to colourful street stalls and markets selling local handicrafts, Cafayate is a great place to uncover some of the traditional culture of Argentina.
- Looking to Explore?, the area surrounding Cafayate incorporates some of the most breathtaking vistas in all of Argentina. As a result, Cafayate will make a popular destination for nature lovers and hikers alike.
Founded in 1840, Cafayate has grown over the years to become a rich centre of culture, combining Argentine traditions with a forward-thinking, cosmopolitan attitude. Wander the streets of this colonial town, past elegant townhouses, ornate churches and tempting wine cellars, and it won’t be long before you feel yourself becoming completely immersed in the local charm.
- If you consider yourself something of a wine connoisseur, then a trip to Cafayate would make the ideal holiday! Head out into the countryside surrounding the city and you’ll find a good number of local vineyards. Many of these offer guided tours, as well as the opportunity to try the produce for yourself.
- A little way outside the centre of Cafayate you can find La Estancia de Cafayate, home of South America’s largest golf course! Covering a total area of 240 acres, this massive course will no doubt come as a delight to any fans of the sport.
- One must-see sight on a trip to Cafayate is the magnificent Valley of the Río las Conchas. Here on the road to Salta, the valley falls away before you, offering dramatic views out across the beautiful landscape that surrounds the city.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
If you’re thinking of visiting this beautiful destination, then make sure you talk to us first. Here at lowcostholidays.com, we have access to some of the best holiday deals on the market. We specialise in helping you tailor make your own trip, in order to suit your personal taste and budget. So, talk to lowcostholidays.com, we can help you to plan the perfect holiday in Cafayate, creating an experience that you will want to remember for the rest of your life.