Carinthia at a Glance
Carinthia is a state in Austria boasting some of the most beautiful landscape you’ll find anywhere in the country. Wander up into the mountains to find picturesque lakes and forests, you’ll also be able to visit one of the many lively ski resorts that lie scattered across Carinthia. Alternatively, those looking for a little city culture will be spoilt for choice; from Klagenfurt with its ancient churches and world-famous literary festival, to the local beer capital of Friesach. Plan your trip to Carinthia now, and prepare to enjoy an Austrian wonderland that has something to cater to every taste.
- If you’re looking for a suitable holiday destination to go with the whole family, then you’ll find that the sleepy mountain towns of Carinthia offer the perfect solution.
- With a number of alpine ski resorts on offer in the northern reaches of Carinthia, this would make a great destination for anybody hoping to hit the slopes.
- The picturesque towns of Carinthia have managed to change very little over the passing generations, and so a holiday here will offer you the chance to immerse yourself in traditional Austrian culture.
This Austrian state covers a mostly mountainous region, with settlements ranging from alpine ski resorts to historic market towns. No matter what you’re looking for on your holiday to Austria, you’re sure to find something to interest you in Carinthia.
- Carinthia is a mountainous region on the southern tip of the Alps, and so there are some great places in the vicinity for skiing. You’ll find numerous resorts dotted around the mountains here, and the countless ski slopes in the region cater for all levels of experience – from beginners through to advanced skiers.
- Wörthersee is the largest lake in the region of Carinthia, this beautiful body of water offers a range of different attractions; from water skiing and yachting on the still water, to hiking along the many waterside paths and trails it's sure to be buzzing with activity.
- One of the more fascinating towns in the Carinthia region is known as Klagenfurt. This traditional Austrian town hosts a wide range of attractions, including a reptile zoo, some beautiful parks and the Minimundus – a model village featuring miniaturised replicas of famous landmarks from all around the world.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're Fully Licensed.
Be sure to talk to lowcostholidays.com. We’ll be able to compare the market for you, finding the very best deals going on flights, accommodation and attractions. Don’t waste your time on another package holiday, start planning your very own tailor made holiday to Austria now on lowcostholidays.com.