Lower Austria at a Glance
The most geographically diverse of all the states in Austria, Lower Austria is the perfect place to spend a cheap holiday. With skiing, winemaking, hiking and so much more to choose from, you would be hard pressed not to make Lower Austria your holiday destination in 2013, be it summer or winter.
- Couples looking for a romantic stay in one of the beautiful spa towns, or vineyards.
- Groups looking to spend some time up the mountain, climbing up the trails, or manoeuvring the slopes.
- Families looking to combine history, beauty and sport into one holiday.
Which Region is Right for You?
Lower Austria is separated into four regions; each possessing it’s own, unique traits and activities. Why make deciding between the regions difficult, when lowcostholidays.com is here to help you decide which is best for you.
- Weinviertel, or wine quarter, is one of the most spectacular of the four regions of Lower Austria. With vineyards that date back to the Roman times, and the beautiful rustic villages that dot the landscape, this is an ideal destination for a couple looking for an intimate, affordable holiday.
- Waldviertel, Recognized as, the Forest Quarter, this northwest region borders the Czech Republic, and is best suited for a family looking for a bit of nature, and a spot of history during this upcoming holiday season. With castles and nature parks, Waldviertel is a great choice for a fun, family getaway this year.
- Getting it’s name from the apple and pear juice made there, Mostviertel is one of the most captivating of all the Lower Austrian regions. Situated between Vienna and Salzburg, Mostviertel’s beautiful rolling hills and vast meadows create a scenic portrait of Austria. With fantastic vineyards and breweries, top class cuisine and the culturally stunning beauty of the castles and monasteries, there is something for the smallest and oldest alike.
- Bordering with Vienna, Industrieviertel is the home to towns such as Baden and Bad Vöslau, with thermal hot springs to soothe those aching muscles; or head to Wiener Neustadt where the Alps blossom into the high reaches of the atmosphere. There is great hiking, and plenty of history to fill your heart’s content. A wonderful destination for a small group or couples, looking for the relaxation only the great outdoors can provide.
Book With Confidence
Don’t be tied down to package deals. At lowcostholidays.com, you can handcraft the holiday that best fits you. We’re protected by ABTA and ATOL, so you can book in confidence.
Don’t be restricted by package holidays to Lower Austria, create your own tailor made holiday by finding the cheapest prices available for your next holiday to Lower Austria with lowcostholidays.com.