Fernie at a Glance
The town of Fernie lies in the Rocky Mountains of British Columbia, Canada. The mountain line and alpine trees offer a spectacular scenic backdrop to the town and slopes. The great skiing and hospitality has been internationally recognised and the town has received many awards. The powder snow, après ski, spacious slopes and mild climate are just some of the reasons people love Fernie.
You'll Love Fernie if...
- You want to jump right from your room onto your skis and slide away down the slopes. The slopes are just on your doorstep so the most eager of skiers will be satisfied with this ski-in/ski-out possibility.
- You want to see the sun setting behind the mountain line from your own hot tub or balcony, you will find budget or 5-star accommodation in the perfect setting.
- Taking a family holiday with young children. You will find great nursery slopes and accommodation right on the mountain so you can whizz off as soon as the little ones go to ski school.
- You are with a group of friends and want to find some nightlife Fernie has live music, parties and bars just waiting to welcome you.
- There are 142 official runs over 2,500 acres of terrain in Fernie, more than you could possibly cover in one week. There is so much to choose from so be sure to do your research to get the most out of the mountains during your holiday.
- Start the kids off with the Mini Moose and Mighty Moose lifts to take them to the gentler slopes. For more advanced skiers or snowboarders there’s the Timber Bowl Express and White Pass Quad to take you higher and more exiting slope environments.
- The Upper Falling Star is the best place for boarders. Here you will find the real fun – gullies, jumps, hits, rails and more.
- The snow in Fernie is great but there’s much more to the town than this. If you look a little closer you will find venues with great live music all year round, art and theatre venues.
- If you catch a glimpse of the mountains at sunset you might see a shadow of a man riding a horse, the subject of a town legend. Ask a local to tell you more...
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
We have special offers on Fernie holidays for a limited time only so don’t delay. Don’t be restricted by package holidays, instead create your own holiday by finding the cheapest options on lowcostholidays.com. Find cheap deals, all inclusive deals and specials offers.