Things to do in Jamaica
Jamaica is a beautiful Caribbean island with a rich heritage, great weather, and plenty on offer to suit all holiday types. Make the most of your time here, and experience as much as you can with the lowcostholidays.com guide to Jamaica attractions.
- Head over to Port Antonio and go swimming in the beautiful cobalt blue waters at the Blue Lagoon Beach.
- Stop at Turtle Beach near Ochos Rios for calm waters and powdery sand that is perfect for younger children.
- Dip your toes into the magic water at Doctor’s Cave Beach that is rumoured to have curative powers and is full of healing minerals!
- Visit a nude beach at the laidback Seven Mile Beach and enjoy the fine white sand au naturel.
- Climb the staircase waterfalls at Dunn’s River Falls, but be careful on the slippery boulders!
- Go on a boat safari down the Black River and try to spot American crocodiles or insect eating bladderwort plants.
- Go snorkelling or scuba diving at Negril for a unique underwater experience as you explore life under the waves next to nurse sharks.
- Hike to the peaks of the Blue Mountains for magnificent views of the island.
- Stay up past bedtime and dance into the early morning at one of the many lively nightclubs around Kingston.
- Listen to a reggae concert, jam to ska and rocksteady or go crazy to some dancehall music at Montego Bay.
- Eat out at a restaurant to try the local specialities. From the national dish of ackee and saltfish to spicy jerk chicken, the cuisine is delicious.
Other popular attractions on holidays in Jamaica
- Explore the labyrinthine limestone caverns around Cave Valley, just don’t get lost!
- Pick up a club at one of 12 golf courses dotted around the island.
- Go on the Appleton Rum Tour to learn about the rum-making process and sample a glass of delicious Jamaican white rum!
- Visit the Bob Marley museum and remember the gentle voice and message of this dreadlocked star.