Turks and Caicos at a Glance
The islands known as Turks and Caicos represent a British Overseas Territory, located in the West Indies. These tropical islands offer a true beach paradise, enjoy long expanses of golden sand and palm trees, in addition to a number of vibrant resort towns. The capital of Cockburn Town can be found on Grand Turk Island, and here you will have the option of visiting museums to learn more about the history of the islands or choose to relax in any of the bars and restaurants.
- The beaches of Turks and Caicos are without a doubt the most popular feature for most visitors. The warm waters here are perfect for swimming, and you’ll find a great range of water sports on offer which are great fun for the whole family.
- Numerous sports are practised on the islands, but in particular, Turks and Caicos are a Mecca for anyone with a passion for sea fishing.
- The islanders here have a unique culture all of their own, and when you’re not enjoying the fine beaches, you’ll be able to soak up the local atmosphere at a range of museums, galleries and even music festivals.
- For a family holiday to remember, book a stay at an award-winning Beaches Resort.
Turks and Caicos Highlights
Lying a little way southeast of the Bahamas, and just north of Hispaniola, the Turks and Caicos Islands enjoy a beautiful, peaceful setting in the North Atlantic Ocean. These islands are a popular retreat for those hoping to unwind and relax in an idyllic setting.
- Music is a popular pastime on these islands, and the style known as ‘ripsaw’ music is one of the islanders’ proudest exports. To find out more about this unique genre you should check out the Music and Cultural Festival, an annual event on the islands which hosts performances from a wide range of musicians – both from the islands themselves, as well as many from the United States.
- The Turks and Caicos Islands have a keen involvement in sports, and so anybody who enjoys physical recreation will be able to find plenty of ways to pass their time here – other than just lounging around at the beach! The main sports on these islands are football and cricket, in addition to sailing and fishing.
- During your stay, be sure to try out the local island cuisine! There are a number of specialty dishes on offer around the Turks and Caicos Islands, most of which revolve around seafood, unsurprisingly. Conch is particularly popular, and two of the local trademark dishes are conch salad and conch fritters.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ATOL.
If you're thinking of taking a holiday in the Turks and Caicos Islands, then speak to lowcostholidays.com first. We are the specialists in finding the best deals on flights and accommodation, so we’ll be able to help you plan a holiday that suits your budget.