Cartagena at a Glance
Nestled along the northern coast of Columbia is Cartagena, a stunning Caribbean beach resort that benefits from a beautiful sandy beach setting, blended with a lively, bustling city. With movements in the area recorded from as early as 4000 BC, Cartagena is an historic gem just waiting for you to come and explore it.
- Couples who want the opportunity to laze beside the sea and discover some unique culture.
- Families who want a little more from their beachside resort holiday.
- Fans of culture, who can explore the rich history of this wonderful city.
Which Hotel is right for you?
Cartagena is home to a rich array of different hotels that cater for various types of stay. If you see yourself spending your days on the sands, choose a beachside resort, or if you want to explore the city, choose a hotel in the midst of the action.If you want to wake up to views across the ocean, the Las Americas Casa de Playa, as the name suggests, is right on the beach. You can even laze by the pool with a more budget friendly option, such as the Bahia hotel. For some city exploration, stay in the ancient Casa Cabal, which is found in a building from the 1500s and is located within the historic district.
Top Attractions in Cartagena
Whether you want beachside attractions or cultural, historical sights, you’ll find plenty to keep you occupied whilst holidaying in Cartagena.
- The ancient old town is the most popular sight in Cartagena. Take a walk into the city through the clock tower building and feel as though you have stepped back in time.
- The powdery white beaches lead to some stunningly clear waters, so take the opportunity to discover some underwater sights along the Islas del Rosario, with some snorkeling or scuba diving.
- Be sure to visit the ancient fortress Castillo de San Felipe, built in 1657 for protection against gold-thieving pirates.
- If the beach is where you want to be, Playa Blanca is the place to head to. This beautiful stretch of white sand is peppered with fantastic restaurants and bars.
- The Palacio de la Inquisición is a captivating place that used to see criminals tortured and maimed. You can take a tour of this fascinating sight and learn its history.
If the cultural blend of the spectacular Cartagena has you ready to pack your suitcase now! Why wait? Book today with lowcostholidays for the most attractive deals.