Are you looking for inspiration to help plan your dream Egypt holiday? Let lowcostholidays guide you to the best things to see and do in the land of the pharaohs, with our guide to attractions in Egypt.
Beaches in Egypt:
- For crystal clear waters and sandy beaches, you can’t beat Sharm el-Sheikh. This resort is child-friendly and ideal for families getting away on an Egypt beach holiday.
- For water sports, the beaches at Hurghada offer great opportunities including windsurfing and sailing. Hurghada is the oldest dive resort on the red sea and is world famous for its scuba diving and snorkeling.
- For a more relaxed feel, the beach at Nuweiba offers a laid back alternative to the busier tourist beaches. The area has stunning scenery and a local flavour, with exceptional diving opportunities.
- With some of the most spectacular underwater landscapes in the world, holidays in Egypt are the perfect opportunity for scuba diving. Arrange boat excursions in Hurghada or Sharm El Sheikh.
- The top Egypt attractions include the Pyramids at Giza and the Valley of the Kings in Luxor. A trip up the biblical Mt. Sinai is also well worth the effort and you can even cheat and haggle for a camel ride!
- Explore the Ras Mohammed National Park in Sharm El Sheikh to see incredible landscapes, exotic birds and animals.
- For the best nightlife head to Sharm El Sheikh. Hit the clubs at Na’ama Bay or party at Terazzina Beach at the Friday all-night beach party.
- For a laid back evening on your holiday to Egypt, head to Dahab for relaxed bars. If romance is on the menu, eat in Nuweiba while you watch the glorious sunset.
- On an Egyptian family holiday? Look out for restaurants that include entertainment. Most hotels provide traditionally themed evening entertainment that the whole family can enjoy.
Popular Attractions on Holidays to Egypt
- Find Tutankhamun’s treasures and mummies at the Egyptian Antiquities Museum in Cairo. An unmissable experience for the whole family.
- Take a safari through the desert or go exploring on camelback.
- Egypt is known for the jewel and gold trade but if your budget won’t stretch that far, you can find great deals on souvenirs and crafts at bazaars like the Old Market in Sharm el-Sheikh.