lowcostholidays.com has some inspiring ideas and useful tips on what to see and do on your holiday in Giza.
- The magnificent ancient Egyptian Pyramids of Giza and the mysterious Sphinx are the main attraction in the area, but Giza's close proximity to Cairo means there is plenty to see and do.
- Camel or horse ride in the dessert near the pyramids as the sun starts to set.
- If you’re looking for a little excitement try a Dune buggy tour through the desert terrain.
- Spend a day exploring the ancient capital Memphis and the open air museum.
- Take an organised tour into Cairo and visit all the main attractions such as, the Egyptian museum, Old Cairo (Citadel) and the famous Khan El Khalili bazaar for a shopping experience you'll never forget.
- Ride in a horse drawn carriage called a caleche along the Nile, the kids will love it, or a ride on the Nile in a traditional felucca.
- Enjoy the legendary sound and light show and magical learning experience of ancient Egypt at the Giza Pyramids.
- Take a trip into the busy exciting city of Cairo where you will find everything from fancy restaurants to laid back cruises on the Nile.
- For incredible views at night over the city of Cairo, the rotating restaurant and cafeteria on the 14th floor of The Cairo Tower is well worth a visit.
- Feel like dancing? Jackie's joint at the Nile Hilton is a favourite especially if you like music from the 1970's and 80's.
- Cairo's Jazz club is great for a late dinner and live entertainment.
Other popular attractions on holiday in Giza:
- Giza hosts many great events and festivals throughout the year, such as Pharaoh's Rally, its worth while checking to see if anything is going on during your stay.
- Relax by your pool during the day after a morning of sightseeing
- Take a tour round Cairo's different districts - or a short taxi ride to one of the nearby villages.