Albi at a Glance
The delightful village of Albi in Southern France is a sightseer’s paradise with a charming old town and a variety of churches and historic buildings to explore. It’s also the birthplace of the renowned artist Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec and there is a museum dedicated to his work. There is plenty to see and do in Albi itself, plus the option of exploring nearby villages, for those who fancy venturing further afield.
- Families and couples wanting an educational holiday with a good mix of sightseeing and relaxation.
- Those with an interest in history and the work of the famous artist Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec.
- Those wishing to immerse themselves in the culture and atmosphere of French village life.
A holiday to Albi can be as hectic or relaxing as you choose, but here are a few suggestions of what you could get up to during your French getaway;
- The Toulouse-Lautrec museum is not to be missed; the village of Albi’s tribute to its most famous son. Apart from housing an impressive collection of his work, the building itself, the Bishop’s Palace, is also quite something. A great way to spend an afternoon with the whole family.
- Shopaholics won’t be disappointed as Albi is famous for its markets; there is a wide variety in the area and you’ll find everything on sale from fruit and vegetables to arts and crafts; perfect for picking up a souvenir or two for the folks back home.
- Albi is scattered with beautiful buildings and historic landmarks but perhaps the most famous is the Sainte Cecile cathedral. This masterpiece of Southern Gothic style is definitely worth exploring and after entering its somewhat austere façade you’ll be enthralled by its surprisingly opulent interiors.
- Eating out in Albi is also a treat with a variety of restaurants to choose from, most serving French cuisine. Some restaurants offer dishes such as “lou tastou”, a kind of French tapas, offering you the opportunity to sample a variety of delicious taster plates, all in one meal.
- Those who fancy venturing out of Albi for the day may want to consider taking a trip to Cordes. Situated just northwest of Albi this pretty medieval walled town boasts a collection of towers, numerous 13th and 14th century buildings and a museum.
Book With Confidence
Here at lowcostholidays.com we find the best deals, so you don’t have to. Whether you’re looking for luxury or budget accommodation we’ll find something that’s exactly right for you. We’re ABTA and ATOL protected which means that you can book your holiday with confidence.
At lowcostholidays.com we have an excellent selection of cheap flights and accommodation available so that you can enjoy great value holidays to France and other destinations worldwide. We believe package holidays are a thing of the past and want to give you the opportunity to tailor make a trip that’s exactly right for your needs, and your bank balance.