Mecklenburg Vorpommern at a Glance
A federal state in Northern Germany, Mecklenburg Vorpommern is a tantalising destination offering visitors the chance to surf, swim, and sail in and along the 1900 km of beaches, coastline, rivers and glistening lakes. You’ll find everything here from fairy-tale castles to pretty seaside resorts and there is also a wealth of natural and historic treasures just waiting to be discovered.
You'll Love Mecklenburg Vorpommern if...
- You’re a family in search of a holiday full of natural wonder and outdoor pursuits.
- You’re a couple or group of friends wishing to immerse yourself in German culture.
- You’re a culture vulture wanting to explore a wealth of historic treasures.
Where to stay in Mecklenburg Vorpommern
- The region has plenty to offer visitors, with the chance of staying in various elegant seaside resorts or exploring the numerous towns. You’ll find splendid old houses and brick churches in towns such as Rostock, Wismar and Stralsund plus a selection of half-timbered houses, cafes and inland harbours.
- There’s also plenty for all you nature lovers with areas such as Mecklenburg Lake District offering the perfect location in which to relax, unwind and enjoy a number of outdoor pursuits such as sailing and fishing on its numerous lakes.
Mecklenburg Vorpommern Highlights
There are numerous things to do in the area, possibly too much to fit into one holiday in fact, but here are the lowcostholiday.com experts top recommended attractions;
- Don’t miss the chance to see the spectacular chalk cliffs and national park in the northeast of Rugen.
- No holiday to Mecklenburg Vorpommern would be complete without a day at the breathtakingly beautiful Schwerin Castle. Once home to the dukes and grand dukes of Mecklenburg and then Mecklenburg-Schwerin, it now serves as the seat of the state parliament. It truly is a fairy-tale castle and taking time to explore its grounds and public rooms is certainly worth the effort.
- Golfers are well served here and have, for many years enjoyed the high-quality courses and facilities available in the area. There are fourteen courses in total offering plenty of choice for both beginners and seasoned professionals.
- Horse riding is a popular pursuit and a great way of enjoying the spectacular scenery. There are varied bridleways in Mecklenburg Vorpommern and around 200 commercial riding schools offering training, professional advice and riding tours for groups, couples and families.
- Commune with nature; there is so much wonderful scenery to explore in the region why not just grab a map, pull on your walking shoes and explore one of the numerous walking trails peppered throughout this stunning destination.
Book With Confidence
- Holidays to Germany can suit both couples and groups of friends wishing to enjoy a holiday with a difference. We can offer great deals on flights and accommodation so make sure you book through us today to get the holiday and hotel that’s right for you. Low.costholidays.com is ABTA and ATOL protected so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
We can tailor make a holiday that’s right for you so if you want to combine a trip to Mecklenburg Vorpommern with other highlights of Germany then this is the place to do it; your perfect holiday is just a mouse click away.