Kountourata at a Glance
Kountourata is a peaceful village situated on the Greek Island of Kefalonia. Here you’ll be able to enjoy traditional island culture, a great range of bars and tavernas, as well as some of the most striking landscapes you’ll ever see – rugged mountain ranges and rolling green landscapes are set against the beautiful backdrop of the azure blue Ionian Sea.
- Families: with its slow pace of life and warm, welcoming atmosphere, Kountourata will make the ideal destination for anybody planning a holiday for the whole family.
- Nature lovers: from underground caves to turtle colonies, a trip to Kountourata will open up countless different ways to enjoy the landscape and nature of Greece.
- Romantic breaks: what better way to pass your honeymoon or romantic getaway, than sipping cocktails on the beach, or even taking a boat tour around the rugged coastline of a Greek Island?
- Around the town of Kountourata you will find a good range of restaurants, bars and taverns, providing a laid-back and relaxed atmosphere. Not as busy as some of the island’s larger resorts, a trip to Kountourata is all about relaxation.
- With its selection of picturesque beaches, coves and inlets, a holiday to Kountourata is bound to appeal to anyone with a love of natural beauty. Hike through the foothills of the nearby mountains, or explore the region’s famous caves – alternatively, you could visit Turtle Bay. This secluded spot is a breeding ground for the amazing and rare loggerhead turtle.
Why a Kountourata Holiday?
- Of course, one of the largest draws to Kefalonia are the fantastic range of beaches. A holiday to Kountourata is no different, and you’ll find some superb spots to swim and sunbathe along the coast here.
- If you’re tired of resort towns that are overflowing with busy bars and noisy nightclubs, then a trip to Kountourata is the perfect remedy. Get away from it all, and enjoy traditional Kefalonian culture at its purest.
- Another exciting attraction on a trip to Kountourata is the option to take a ferry ride out around the other nearby islands – visit the harbour here, and you’ll be able to book a boat tour which offers stunning views of the area’s beautiful coastline.
Book with Confidence on lowcostholidays.com
If you’re planning a holiday to Kountourata this year, then be sure to talk to the experts at lowcostholidays.com. We’ll be able to offer you expert advice and guidance, as well as countless deals on cheap flights and hotels.
When you book with lowcostholidays.com, you can say ‘goodbye’ to standard, package holidays – and ‘hello’ to your very own, tailor made holiday in Kountourata.