North Maldives at a Glance
There are many beautiful Islands in the Maldives, and some of the most outstanding can be found in the Far north Islands, or Atolls. The Far north Atolls have some of the most remote and secluded Islands, surrounded by white sands and serene waters they are just right for scuba diving, surfing and getaways
- Scuba Diving
- Romantic getaways
Holidays in North Maldives
The North Maldives are made up of many serene and deserted Islands. Being far north from the Central Maldives Islands the North is perfect for romantic getaways and those in search of the perfect seclude beach or spot for scuba diving.
- North Maldives Atolls are perfect for scuba diving expeditions. You don’t have to be an expert diver to enjoy it either, as there are many diving schools found across the Northern Islands as well as tours, guides and equipment hire. For those who are not quite ready for deep scuba diving, you can always pack your snorkel and discover the wildlife in the shallower waters near the shore. Baarah Thila and Nellahidhoo Thila are two amazing spots where you can see coral reefs and a rich array of marine life.
- There are many gorgeous resorts in the Northern Atolls that are perfect for a romantic getaway or family holiday, such as the Chaaya Island Dhonveli Resort or the Bandos Island Resort and Spa to name just two.
- Those who love surfing and water sports are also frequent visitors to the Northern Atolls; there are many resorts that offer an array of water sports and activities such as the Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi resort which is located on Lhonhifushi Island.
- Thanks to the coral make up of the Islands making up the Maldives, the area is perfect for surfing. The south-eastern facing Islands are particularly great for the sport, and there are many amazing surfing resorts such as the Tari Surf Resort. Here you can stay with fellow enthusiasts and take advantage of guides and equipment on your doorstep.
Top 3 Attractions in North Maldives
If you are planning holidays in North Maldives, we have a few must see tips for you and your trip. Be sure to check these out when you book your loc cost holiday as they will add the perfect touch to your paradise getaway.
- Visit Male, the capital of the Maldives for a touch of vibrancy and culture. The Island is only 1km long but has many galleries, shops, restaurants and resorts. There are also many interesting museums and relics where you can learn more about the breathtaking area.
- Snorkelling and scuba diving is a must for all of the Islands in the Maldives. The crystal clear waters, crisp sandy beaches and array of corals and sea wildlife make it the perfect destination for safe scuba diving and snorkelling. There are many great scuba schools, guides and instructors available as well as shops selling snorkels for those more keen on shallow diving.
- If you are looking for a further touch of relaxation and luxury on your trip, be sure to check into a spa resort for the day. Here you can get a range of treatments in the most stunning beachside settings. Check out the Madoogali Island Resort and the Meeru Island Resort to name just too fabulous spa resorts.
Book with Confidence on lowcostholidays.com
You can find the perfect holiday to the North Maldives with lowcostholidays.com, and with us not only do you get amazing quality and prices but you also get fully protected bookings as we are protected by ATOL.