Jerusalem at a glance
For those in search of adventure, Jerusalem, the capital of Israel, is definitely a destination worth considering. From the intensity and charm of the old walled city at its heart, to the cosmopolitan buzz of the downtown area, holidays here full of surprises. A city of contrasts, visitors can haggle for a bargain in the bustling souk, then enjoy the peaceful views from The Mount of Olives.
- You want to sample a cultural melting pot of sights, sounds and religions.
- You’d like to visit some of the most iconic and famous sites of religious significance in the world.
- You want to immerse yourself in the atmosphere of a city with over 4,000 years of history.
Top 5 Attractions in and around Jerusalem
With so much to see and do, a holiday to Israel can be as action packed or relaxing as you wish, there are numerous attractions to visit. Here are just a few examples of what you can expect to experience during your holiday;
- Holidays to Jerusalem would be complete without a trip to the Old City. Combining religious sightseeing and shopping, it’s the perfect way to immerse yourself in the culture of this fascinating destination. The Arab souk, pretty much unchanged since Ottoman rule, is the perfect place to pick up a souvenir of your trip or sample delicious local food.
- Culture vultures won’t be disappointed with the selection of museums to explore. The Israel Museum, for example, is one of the top art and archaeology museums in the world and well worth a visit.
- Religious sites are what a holiday to Jerusalem is most famous for; make sure you visit the famous Wailing Wall, The Garden of Gethsemane and enjoy spectacular views from The Mount of Olives.
- When you’re tired of sightseeing and want to let of some steam head to the Russian Compound one evening, it’s West Jerusalem’s trendy bar area and you’ll find a lively mix of restaurants, cafes and speciality stores.
- If you want to venture out and about, the 20 minute drive to the beautifully landscaped En Hemed National Park is worth considering. Located just off the busy Jerusalem-Tel Aviv highway the picnic areas, pretty lawns and Kesalon Stream provide a welcoming retreat after a week of city sightseeing.
Book with confidence on lowcostholidays.com
Holidays to Jerusalem can suit both couples and groups of friend wishing to enjoy a holiday with a difference. We can offer great deals on flights and accommodation so make sure you book through us today to get the holiday and hotel that’s right for you. Low.costholidays.com is ABTA and ATOL protected so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
We can tailor make a holiday that’s right for you so if you want to combine a trip to Jerusalem with other highlights of Israel then this is the place to do it; your perfect holiday is just a mouse click away.