Stresa at a Glance
Stresa is an enchanting resort located on the western shores of Lake Maggiore, in northern Italy. With its astounding natural beauty, lake-side activities and opulent and ancient architectural gems, Stresa provides a picturesque and historical holiday destination.
- Couples who want a romantic holiday in beautiful surroundings.
- Water sport fans.
- Anyone who wants to explore Italian culture on their 2013 holiday.
Top Attractions on your Stresa Holiday
It’s difficult to run out of things to do on a Stresa holiday. At the top of the list is a visit to Lake Maggiore, which sits prettily at the base of the town.
- Water-sport fans will be spoiled for choice with activities such as windsurfing, sailing and rafting readily available. Visitors are also able to rent out boats, so why not spend lunch on the water or being along some fishing rods.
- If you’re looking to stay on shore, you can spend the afternoon enjoying some of Italy's sunshine on one of the many sandy beaches.
- Once you’ve topped up your tan, take in some sights around town. Villa Pallavicino is an architectural gem dating back to the 19th century. Commanding stunning views over Lake Maggiore and the Borromean Islands, its 37 acres of land will leave you in awe.
- Stresa has extensive botanical gardens, which are filled with exotic flowers and trees. Explore the park, but don’t be surprised if a zebra, monkey, llama or wallaby casually passes you by! There are over 40 mammals and birds to be spotted roaming the land, or hiding in the trees. It makes for a great family day out!
- Nature lovers will also appreciate Mount Mottorone, an alpine peak that will give you an elevated view of the region. Take the pleasant 20 minute cable-car ride up, or for the more adventurous, pull out your hiking boots!
- If you travel to Stresa during the wintertime, you can take advantage of the snowy ski slopes.
Book with Confidence on lowcostholidays.com
A holiday to Stresa can be a relaxing break beside the beautiful lake, or an adrenalin-fueled adventure - it's completely up to you.
Our travel experts have found the best deals on cheap hotels and cheap flights to Italy, so you can book stress-free. Our holidays are protected by ABTA & ATOL, so you can trust your holiday is safe in our hands.
At lowcostholidays.com, we don't offer standard Stresa package holidays. Instead, we offer the flexibility of a tailor made holiday which is made to suit your tastes and budget. Book your cheap holiday to the Italian Lakes with lowcostholidays.com.