From its traumatic and historic past, to its vibrant and cosmopolitan present, Hiroshima has become one of Japan’s top tourist hot-spots and the city now has an energetic and eclectic feel. Although the events of 1945 have been sensitively commemorated there is also a sense of hope for the future in the monuments that have been erected to pay tribute to those who lost their lives.
- Couples and groups of friends looking for a destination full of history, culture and energy.
- Those wishing to immerse themselves in the vibrancy and charm of modern of Japan.
- Culture lovers wanting to visit one of the most intriguing and historically significant museums, monuments and galleries in Japan.
Top 5 Attractions in and around Hiroshima
As with any city, Hiroshima is bursting with energy and charm and has a wide selection of attractions from museums and galleries to theatres and museums. Here are some of its top rated attractions;
- The Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum is an important exhibit to the events of the atomic bombing of 1945 and shouldn't be missed. The museum presents the facts of the events and aims to contribute to the full abolition of nuclear weapons.
- Hiroshima Castle is another top attraction. The original castle was destroyed in the bombing but a replica built in 1958 and serves as a museum to commemorate pre-war Hiroshima.
- The beautifully landscaped Shukkei-en gardens are well worth a visit and provide a welcome retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life. Winding paths, ponds and bridges wind their way around pretty waterfalls and teahouses, creating a prime example of Japanese garden design at its best.
- There are a number of museums which may be of interest to visitors. Art lovers should head to the Hiroshima Prefectural Art Museum which has a collection of art by European artists such as Dali and Magritte as well as works by Japanese Artists. Car enthusiasts may prefer to head to the Mazda Museum which houses a collection of cars and tours of the nearby plant.
- If you’re looking for a fun night out and taste of modern Japan, head to the Nagarekawa district. The area has a collection of bars including plenty of tourist-friendly pubs clustered around the giant PARCO building.
Book your Japanese adventure through lowcostholidays.com
We’re currently offering some incredible deals on flights to Japan so don’t delay, book your holiday to Hiroshima today. Here at lowcostholidays.com we’re ATOL and ABTA protected so you can book with confidence.
Please have a look at our main Japan Holidays page.
Package holidays are a thing of the past here at lowcostholidays.com because we put you in control to tailor make the holiday of your dreams. We give you the option of combining a holiday to Hiroshima with a host of other Japanese destinations so you can get the holiday and hotel you want, at a price that’s right for you.