Nagoya at a Glance
This modern Japanese city is the capital of Aichi prefecture and offers visitors a delicate balance of modern delights and traditional charm. It’s becoming an increasingly popular destination for visitors on holiday to Japan and with its variety of dining options, extensive shopping opportunities and wealth of cultural experiences it’s not hard to see why.
- Those looking to immerse themselves in the culture and charm of modern Japan.
- History fanatics interested in visiting some fascinating shrines, educational museums and one of Japans' most famous castles.
- Adventurous foodies wanting to sample some of the gastronomic delights offered by Nagoyas' many restaurants and eateries.
Top 5 Attractions in Nagoya
Nagoya is a city of contrasts, with temples and shrines sitting alongside dazzling sky-scrapers and sublime examples of modern Japanese architecture. Here are just a few attractions we recommend you visit during your holiday to Nagoya;
- Nagoya castle is really quite something and epitomises the unique style which has become associated with Japanese style. It’s one of the three greatest castles in the country and although parts were damaged during World War II it still represents some fine examples of Japanese art and architecture.
- If you’re looking a day of serenity and contemplation, a trip to the Atsuta Shrine is a must. Holidays to Nagoya are all about the sightseeing and this is thought by many to be the second most important shrine in Japan, so well worth adding to your holiday hit-list.
- Nagoya Station is the epicentre of the city and, as well as currently being the largest station building in the world, it houses JR Nagoya Station Central Towers; a complex consisting of a department stores,restaurants and impressive office space.
- If you’re looking for a relaxing day out, the Nagoya Port Sea Train Land is a fun way to spend an afternoon. It’s a small but relaxing amusement park, perfect for those travelling with young children, and boasts the biggest Ferris wheel in the Chubu region, perfect for getting some panoramic snaps for the holiday album.
- Port of Nagoya Public Aquarium is another popular attraction, ideal if the weather takes a turn for the worse. With various examples of marine life to see, the aquarium also devotes itself to protecting endangered species and is an interesting and fun day out.
Book your Japanese adventure today
Here at lowcostholidays.com we are offering some outstanding deals on hotels in Nagoya and flights to Japan so make sure you book without delay, or you might miss out. Being ABTA and ATOL protected you can book with confidence so make us your first port of call when it comes to getting a great value holiday.
Please have a look at our main Japan Holidays page.
Remember we can tailor make your holiday to Japan so if you’d like to combine your trip to Nagoya with a stay in some of Japans other incredible cities and hotspots then lowcostholidays.com is the place to come to with great deals to top class hotels throughout Japan.