Ponta do Sol at a Glance
On the southwestern coast of the Portuguese island of Madeira in the North Atlantic Ocean, Ponta do Sol could soon become you new favorite holiday destination. Ponta do Sol offers good food, great weather and clean calm beaches, a holiday to Ponta del sol with lowcostholidays.com is perfect for families’, couples and friends alike and wont break the bank.
- Families after some fun in the sun
- Couples keen on romantic retreat surrounded by stunning scenery
- Anyone wanting a taste of Madeira culture with a little tanning action thrown in
Ponta do Sol Holidays
Whether you’re a couple looking for a summer retreat with great weather, good food and a slowed down pace of life or a family wanting a holiday full of activities and adventure, a holiday to Ponta do sol is just for you.
- While away the days relaxing at the scenic pebble beach. Dip in and out of the cool waters of the Atlantic or bask in the sun sipping an iced beverage from one of the many beach side cafes.
- If your after a bit of adventure on you holiday to Ponta do sol and aren’t afraid to get your feet wet, then book yourself into one of the several dive schools that operate in the area catering for qualified divers and beginners alike.
- If you want a break form the peace and serenity of your holiday to Ponta do sol why not nip along the coast to the nearby city of Funchal. Bursting with activities and attractions you can spend a busy day here then retreat back to the tranquility of Ponta del sol.
Top 3 Attractions in Ponta do Sol
Here are some to tips from lowcostholidays.com on how to while away your days on holiday to Ponta do sol.
- A stunning landmark, and certainly one that the locals are very proud of, is the Nossa Senhora da Luz church. Complete with amazing Mudejar style wooden ceilings, the church is a great example of Madeira’s rich heritage.
- Boasting year-round sunshine and warm climates, an absolute must on holiday to Ponta do sol is to pack a picnic, recline on the beach and watch the famously spectacular sunset.
- For those with a real taste for adventure, head east towards Funchal for the Madeira Adventure Kingdom. This naturally grown canyoning adventure park offers up a great outdoorsy adventure in the midst of beautiful scenery. Boasting great reviews, this is an experience not to be missed on holiday in Ponta do Sol.