Dunedin at a Glance
Old Gaelic for Edinburgh, Dunedin is the second-largest city on New Zealand’s South Island. The city is located in the Otago region. With its strong Scottish heritage, the city has a statue of poet Robbie Burns at its heart as well as many street names that are the same as streets in Edinburgh itself. It is based in a natural harbour on a flat base surrounded by hills; some of its streets are very steep so if you enjoy a challenge on your holiday walks then this city will keep you fit. There are many attractions to keep you occupied on your holidays to Dunedin, New Zealand.
Why a Holiday to Dunedin?
- Visit Cadbury World and take a guided tour of the chocolate factory that accounts for over 75% of New Zealand’s chocolate production.
- Tour Speights Brewery and learn about the heritage of the site which has been a Dunedin landmark since 1876.
- Go sightseeing – see the Octagon city centre, the 100 year old Robert Burns statue and the rock format called the ‘Organ Pipes’ which requires a pleasant hike to reach it, you’ll see some fabulous views from here. Consider Kaikoura for another scenic destination.
- Walk on the lovely Tunnel beach and adventure through the spooky Tunnel which cuts through the stone cliff.
- Visit the Larnach Castle on your holidays to Dunedin, New Zealand. It’s known as the ‘only castle’ in New Zealand although it’s technically just a manor house but is steeped in interesting history.
- Enjoy a walk around the 123 acres Dunedin Botanical Gardens which has many lovely themed garden areas such as the Rhododendron, Azalea and Rose Gardens.
Book with Confidence on lowcostholidays.com
If you’re looking for the perfect, tailor made holiday to Dunedin, then look no further! Here at lowcostholidays.com we have access to some of the best deals on the market, when it comes to cheap flights and hotels.
So forget the standard package holiday to Dunedin and talk to us now, to start planning your very own dream break.