Picton at a Glance
Situated at the top of the South Island, Picton is an important port town and the gateway to the Marlborough region. It’s a wonderful place to spend a holiday, short or long, as it is a convenient hub to explore the surrounding area. On your holidays to Picton there is much to see and do, from water based activities to land based excursions.
Discover the beautiful Marlborough Sounds of New Zealand, where the land and sea join and create a mesmerising landscape – a must see on your stay.
- These drowned valleys are divided into two main waterways The Pelorous Sound and the Queen Charlotte Sound.
- The Queen Charlotte Sound is known as the more picturesque of the two but Pelorous which is more remote and has some enchanting untouched native forests only accessible by boat.
Why a Picton Holiday?
When you’re not simply exploring the town of Picton, there are several places to go and activities to try your hand at:
- A walk to the Snout, a beautiful peninsula on the South Island between Picton and Waikawa bay that is covered in a mix of exotic bush and native plant life. There are tracks that range from a few minutes to 3 ½ hours long so you can choose a trial to suit your energy levels.
- Keep active on your holidays to Picton. Join in the many activities provided by the Marlborough Sounds Adventure Company, from mountain biking, tours, kayaking and walking the Queen Charlotte Walkway.
- Unwind on the Picton Golf Club or enjoy a game of Kiwi Mini Golf with the family.
Book with lowcostholidays.com
Book your holiday to Picton, New Zealand with lowcostholidays.com where we have access to some of the best deals on the market, for cheap flights and hotels.
Talk to us now, to start planning your very own dream break.