Poznan at a Glance
The eclectic city of Poznan is the capital of the Wielkopolska region of Poland and has a rich history and culture to explore. The main attractions are centred in and around the old square, Stary Rynek, where there are a number of impressive buildings, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Art lovers and culture vultures will also be spoilt for choice with a selection of museums and art galleries.
- Those wanting to immerse themselves in the vibrant culture and charm of Polish city life.
- Couples looking for a city break with the perfect combination of sightseeing, art, culture and gastronomy.
- Families wanting an educational holiday with plenty to see and do during their stay.
Top Attractions in Poznan
- Visitors to Poznan should definitely check out the Town Hall as it’s one of the most important Renaissance buildings in Europe and was built around the 13th and 14th century. Now it houses the Museum of Poznan History which exhibits include a stunning display of Renaissance art masterpieces.
- Nature lovers should head to the Palm House, housing around a thousand tropical plants, fishes and reptiles.
- The National Museum of Poznan is top of the city’s sight-seeing to do list and boasts an extensive collection of both Polish and European art. Some of Poland’s famous artists’ works can be found here, along with a selection of artworks by Italian, Flemish and Dutch painters.
- Those looking for a fun day out where you can ride a bike, sunbathe, ride a toboggan or even go skiing should head to the Malta Lake area. The lake plays host to a number of international rowing competitions and is a fantastic destination for a family day out. Attractions on offer include a mini-golf course, driving range, dry ski slope and range of activities. New Poznan Zoo is also nearby and accessible by the small train or on foot.
- After dark Poznan comes to life with an amazing array of pubs and clubs offering good music and good company. Heading out in the evenings is a great way to mix with the locals and get a feel for Polish city life.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
We realise that everyone is different, which is why the experts here at lowcostholidays.com believe that package holidays are a thing of the past. We give you the freedom to tailor make the holiday that’s just right for you, so whether you want to visit Poland or Switzerland, we’ll find the deal, dates and departure dates that are right for you.
Have a look at some more deals for holidays in Poland.