Doha at a Glance
As the capital of Qatar, the city of Doha looks to be the next up and coming holiday destination due to its wide range of attractions and modern, rapid development. On a holiday to Doha it’s not uncommon to find yourself haggling in a souk in the morning, and taking a trip to the desert in the afternoon. Whatever you’re looking for in your next cheap getaway, let lowcostholidays.com help.
You'll Love Doha if...
- Your looking for a cultural city break.
- The family fancy an alternative to a typical beach holiday this year.
- Your part of an adventurous group seeking an excellent base to explore further.
Rising from just a little fishing village, in 1825 the city was given its name from the Arabic word ad-dawah, meaning tree, after a prominent tree which originally was the centre. It’s now a major education city, teaming with historical gems, museums and galleries. On holiday in Doha you can expect a range of activities and sight seeing where you can make your trip just about as active as you fancy.
- Souk Waqif is the most traditional market place in Doha and where historically the Bedouin would bring their sheep and goats to trade in its bustling centre. Now still active, a holiday in Doha wouldn’t be complete without exploring its winding lanes and haggling down the cost of souvenirs. This area also contains a diverse selection of food, where you can enjoy sampling anything from Arabian to Persian cuisine at its very best.
- The Museum of Islamic Art contains a wide selection of pieces in its impressive postmodern architecture complete with virtual moat. Ideal for a relaxed afternoon’s entertainment.
- Corniche is a long seaside promenade curving around Doha Bay and provides second to none views of the cityscape, complete with attractive palm trees. Perfect for an afternoons stroll.
- Containing Qatar’s national animal, the Orynx, the city’s zoo is a great family day out when on holiday in Doha. The kids will love learning about all the animals, while you will enjoy its peaceful ambience.
Top Adventures Around Doha
Still not sure about what to do while on holiday in Doha? The city’s desert surrounded location is also a great base for adventure tours, perfect for eager groups.
- Doha is only 40km away from the famous ‘singing sandunes’, an area that quite literally hums when humidity is low and the wind blows across the sand. Popular for sand boarding, there’s plenty of excursion trips available from the city centre.
- Dune buggy safari is also popular with visitors, with trips running to areas such as the Inland Sea, an inlet from the Arabian Gulf.
Book With Confidence
You can book online with us, 24 hours a day and safe in the knowledge that we’re Fully Licensed.
Please have a look at our main Qatar Holidays page.
Here at lowcostholidays.com we’re dedicated to finding you the best deals no matter what your budget on holidays to Doha.