Timis at a Glance
Timis county is situated in western Romania, close to the historical region of Banat. As the largest county in the country, a holiday to Timis boasts a wealth of history and things to see, from a visit to the southern Carpathian mountains to taking a stroll by the scenic Bega river.
- Families looking for a quiet location full of history.
- Couples who enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
- Those seeking a relaxing holiday in a quiet scenic location within Romania.
Top Attractions in Timis
- Timisoara is the capital city of Timis, one of the largest in Romania and is known as the main social, economic and cultural centre of the Banat region. There’s a mass of breathtaking architecture to be discovered, from Victory Square, town hall and cathedral, to the Muzeal de Arta which boasts an array of visiting exhibitions.
- For cheap family holidays, the city’s zoo is also an ideal way to spend an afternoon, as the kids will love the opportunities to play with, pet and feed the baby animals.
- Lugoj city is situated on the east banks, and split in two by the River Timis. Spending a couple of days here to take in the culture and history of the region would be well spent, and group holidays will enjoy its lively selection of bars, pubs and clubs.
- For those in need of relaxation, look no further than Buzias. It’s famous in the region for its protected dendrological park, which is home to many species of rare trees, and also its mineral water, which is used in many health and beauty treatments. If you need to unwind on your low cost holiday to Romania, there are also spa facilities to leave you feeling on top of the world.
- Count Mercy’s Castle in Sânandrei is just one of many castles across the region that clearly show the rich medieval history of the county. A must see when on holiday in Timis; it is built on an area where archeologists have found human bones and coins dating back to 1503.
- With the Carpathian Mountains as your playground, what better way than to get out in the fresh air and take to the hills for a days hiking or mountain biking. There are plenty of trails available to suit all abilities and equipment readily available to hire, plus you can also take a picnic to cut down on costs.
- When on holiday in Timis we recommend spending an evening in a local restaurant to get a feel of the area, enjoy delicious local cuisine and soak up the atmosphere.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're Fully Licensed.
Here at lowcostholidays.com we work hard to bring you the very best deals on holidays to Timis, whatever your budget. From cheap family getaway to romantic couples trips, we have a good selection available to make sure you get the most for your money.