Western Cape at a Glance
The Western Cape is the most south western province in South Africa and is home to many of the countries most popularly visited tourist destinations, including the regions popular capital-Cape Town. The region is bulging with wonderful activities to take part in and is home to long stretches of white sandy beaches, mountain vistas, wonderful beach side restaurants and bars, additionally you can always indulge in some watersports and visit spectacular nature reserves.
You'll Love Western Cape if...
- You want to explore the cities of Cape Town and George with its colonial Dutch architecture or the mountainous vistas of Somerset West.
- You want to explore the perfect unspoiled blue flag beaches of Mossel Bay, Cape Town or Plettenberg Bay as well as seeing the point where the two seas that border the Western Cape meet at Cape Agulhas.
- You want your pick of national parks and nature reserves that will suit the whole family.
Holidays to The Western Cape
Western Cape is a province in the south west of Africa, it is ripe with beautiful scenery that includes mountains, blue flag white sand beaches, lush green forests and nature reserves. The region is home to the popular capital Cape Town, where along with Paarl visitors can enjoy great nightlife, with late night clubs and bars and restaurants.
- Family holidays to South Africa create an unforgettable experience. With wonderful nature reserves like the Karoo National park, Table Mountain national park and the Wilderness national park to stretches of unspoiled family friendly beaches,and lush wildlife it makes for a fun filled time for everyone.
- With water side villas and perfectly serene hotels with spa facilities. Many hotels along the garden route offer stunning panoramic views, and are set within unforgettable scenery.
- Tours and safari’s are in abundance in the region, so as well as spotting the much coveted “big five” also go seaward bound to catch a glimpse of a shark or a whale.
Top Attractions in Western Cape
The Western Cape offers almost everything that a traveller could ever want. Fantastic nightlife in Cape Town and Stellenbosch, amazing stretches of what at times seems like never ending beaches where you can swim, bask in the sun or take to the seas for a day of diving, and wonderful nature reserves and hiking trails.
- Western Cape is home to no less than 17 blue flag beaches, these include the Cams Bay and Bikini Beach in Cape Town, Santos beach in Mossel bay and Hawston beach near to Hermanus - all of the regions beaches are beautiful, and with some exploration its easy enough to find your own private stretch of sand for the day or head out to sea to go whale and shark spotting for a truly unforgettable experience.
- In a similar vein to the ever popular hop on hop off busses, the Western Cape is home to a hop on hop off train, which winds its way through miles of white sand beaches, historical and cultural sites and a whole load of other tourist attractions all the way from Cape Town to Simon’s town. The main beauty is that the ticket allows you to hop off and back on again as many times as you like - so exploring the towns, villages, beaches and attractions along the way is easy. If you do make it all the way to Simon’s town, then be sure to make time for a visit to Boulders beach which is home to a penguin breeding colony.
- Take a day away from the generic tourist activities around the Western Cape and visit some of the regions fabulous markets, where you can pick up bargains from hundreds of traders selling thousands of items. The best of all is the food, with farmers markets selling fresh produce, preserved foods and cheeses though if you’re feeling a little home sick then head to Montagu Village market, where amongst the real Dutch style farm cheese or “Plaaskaas” you can even pick up an English pork pie.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
At lowcostholidays.com we don’t believe in package holidays to South Africa, we believe that all holidays should be tailor made to suit our customers. Book a holiday to Western Cape that suits your tastes and budget this year with lowcostholidays.com