Cordoba Spain at a Glance
Once a great medieval city and the heart of the ancient European world, today Cordoba is a charming destination in the south of Spain for those wanting a chance to discover the fascinating heritage and culture of the country. A city that is much less of a tourist trap than elsewhere in Spain, Cordoba lies on the cusp of a beautiful rural landscape, so you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
You'll Love Cordoba if...
- You want a cultural holiday full of history.
- You want a romantic couples holiday.
- You want a family holiday full of activity.
The city has a past that reaches back to Roman times, and has left its mark with the wonderful architecture that lines the streets, creating an enchanting setting for a city break in Spain. Cordoba is nevertheless a place that lives in the present, and has a vibrant culture and nightlife that invigorates its visitors with a festive spirit that is typical of the country. Beyond Cordoba lies an expanse of unspoilt countryside, where vineyards, villages and wildlife beckon you get out an explore all that the region has to offer.
- A visit to the city’s most popular attractions is essential. The Mesquita is a grand and impressive religious building, once a mosque that was later converted into a Cathedral. As such it is an important gateway to the religious history of both the city and the region as a whole, and is definitely worth taking the time to learn more about.
- Indulge yourself with the sumptuous tastes of the region by sampling the finest tapas dishes, paellas, wines and cocktails in a food tour of the city. Spain prides itself in a rich and moreish cuisine that certainly will leave you wanting more.
- Pass the time taking in the sights of the old town, the aging heart of Cordoba which preserves its past in its structures and has some great attractions such as the Roman Bridge, floral streets and a medieval residence amongst the shops and cafes.
- Visit in May to really capture the party spirit of Spanish culture, when Cordoba is host to three festivals which light up the city with bright decorations, delightful sounds, smells and sights, and create a truly infectious atmosphere that is not to be missed.
- For a relaxing afternoon exploring the region, get out and visit some of the quaint villages in the countryside beyond Cordoba, including Montilla and Zuheros.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
Have a siesta while we do all the hard work; at lowcostholidays.com you can book your holiday to Cordoba hassle free and make great savings too. Why wait? Book your tailor made trip today on lowcostholidays.com.