Gothenburg at a Glance
Sweden’s second largest city, Gothenburg, known to the locals as Göteborg, has as much to offer as any large European city with a distinctly Scandinavian twist. Offering entertainment for all ages, amusement parks for kids and families, museums for culture vultures and a rich and rowdy nightlife; whatever your ideal city break you won’t be disappointed with Gothenburg.
You'll Love Gothenburg if...
- Your family is wanting a city break with plenty of exhausting daytime activities for kids and sophisticated nightlife for adults in the group.
- You’re part of a group or are a couple wanting an introduction to true Scandinavia.
- You want a fulfilling cosmopolitan break filled with exploration and city culture.
A cosmopolitan city filled to the brim with attractions to satisfy all tastes, every member of the family is bound to cherish the memories made on holiday in Gothenburg.
- For youngsters or simply those young at heart, make sure you plan an outing to Scandinavia's largest amusement park, Liseberg. It's not to be missed.
- For a taste of the culture on offer on a holiday in Gothenburg, consider visiting one of the cities numerous museums. Konstmuseet boasts a vast and impressive art collection while the Sjöfartsmuseet and the floating Maritiman both have a maritime focus.
- If the sightseeing bus and walking tours aren’t enough to tire out the kids, why not head to Delsjön Lake, 6km east of the city centre. Canoeing, swimming and fishing should satisfy those more energetic family members, while the lakeside is the perfect setting to just lie back and relax.
- Alternatively, try out the Haqabadet, a good quality indoor swimming pool which conveniently also offers spa treatments and access to relaxing roman baths.
- If you’re looking for evening entertainment in Gothenburg you won’t be disappointed. From jazz clubs, hipster jaunts and Irish bars to 100 year old Swedish beer halls such as Ölhallen 7:an. Whatever you could ever want is at hand in this extremely contemporary cosmopolitan destination.
- Indulge in traditional Swedish meatballs or opt for international flavours from quality sushi to American style steak houses; Gothenburg will cater for all tastesbuds.
- Unmissable on a holiday to Gothenburg, Scandinavia's largest amusement park, Liseberg, southeast of the city centre, will have your adrenaline pumping.
- A clear lowcostholidays.com favourite for all ages, spend a day exploring fifteen different islands with an island hopping trip from Saltholmen, southwest of the city.
- As with any city break you don’t need to try too hard to discover points of interest and entertainment. So simply take the time to wander Gothenburg’s streets and you may stumble upon something fabulous we haven’t heard of yet.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us as we're Fully Licensed.
Book your trip to Gothenburg today on lowcostholidays.com with confidence for a tailor made holiday that suits you perfectly.
Here are some more great ideas for a holiday in Sweden.