Discover Tunis Holidays
Tunis is the main city in Tunisia, Afica. However, unlike the other beach resorts, this small city has been spared from the crowds and manages to retain much of its original character.
Please note: Due to limited power resources which the government controls, air-conditioning is only allowed to be run from mid-June to mid-September.
- Culture lovers: Tunis boasts some great museums and many other cultural attractions.
- Families: This peaceful city provides a safe environment for children.
- Couples: This amazing city is great place to visit with your partner.
Why a Holiday to Tunis?
The city of Tunis has a total population less than 700,000, making it relatively small and compact compared to similar beach destinations in north Africa. The city is divided into two main areas, known as the Old City, or Medina, and the New City – which takes the French name, ‘Ville Nouvelle.’ The majority of the tourism trade in Tunisia is centred around the beautiful beaches.
- You’ll find that the Medina is literally overflowing with cultural attractions. Visit Carthage for example, where you’ll find a superb example of a traditional north African ‘souq’ – this covered market is a great place to grab a souvenir, as well as selling a wide range of fabrics, spices and handicrafts - don’t be afraid to have a go at haggling!
- On the other hand, head into the modern area of Tunis to find a whole host of contemporary attractions. Here you’ll be able to visit massive shopping centres, chic bars and restaurants, or even hit the casinos for a flutter.
- If you’re looking for culture during your holiday, then head to the beautiful Belvedere Park. Here you’ll find the Tunis Museum of Modern Art, a fascinating collection of works from around the world.
- If you’re here with the family, then pay a trip to the Municipal Zoo. This great attraction boasts a wide array of creatures, and overlooks the picturesque Lake Tunis.
- There are some superb historic buildings to visit in Tunis, including an 18th century palace in the Medina, and the beautiful Cathedral of St. Vincent de Paul.
Tunis Holiday Deals
If you’re looking for a holiday to Tunis, then talk to the experts at lowcostholidays.com. We bring you the best deals on cheap flights and cheap hotels, so you can book your customised holiday at the lowest price.
Please note: For all arrivals from 1.10.2013 onwards, there will be a Tourist City Tax of 2 TND per person per night – children under 12 years old are exempt. The tax is payable directly to the hotel upon arrival.
Don’t be restricted by package holidays, create your own tailor made holiday by finding the cheapest prices available for your next holiday to Tunisia with lowcostholidays.com.