Ascot at a Glance
The small town of Ascot is notably famous for the Ascot Racecourse. It lies in the county of Berkshire, a quintessential area, filled with British history, in the south east of England.
- Ascot Racecourse hosts races all year round but June is the most exciting time for lovers of horse racing, fashion and the Royal Family alike. The whole town is lively and bustling, living off the buzz of the Royal Meeting. This social tradition of fashion and horseracing dates back to 1711. On ‘Ladies Day’ you will see a fine display of royalty wearing their best hats.
- There are many independent shops, cafes and traditional pubs on the high street and in the surrounding area.
- Windsor Castle in only a few miles away in the suburban town of Windsor, one of the Royal Family’s official residences. First mentioned in records in the 11th century, this historical building has architecture from every century throughout the ages. It is the largest inhabited castle and is a spectacular sight not to be missed.
- The surrounding countryside, the Chiltern Hills, have been named an area of outstanding natural beauty. Pretty villages tucked in the rolling green hills are waiting to be discovered. There are many traditional pubs selling ales to be found at the end of a long ramble!
- London, the United Kingdoms' vibrant capital city, is easily accessible by train. So if you fancy throwing yourself into its thriving shopping scene, late night clubbing or foray of history, arts and culture, you will not be disappointed.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
Book your Ascot getaway on lowcostholidays.com today.