Carlisle at a Glance
Carlisle is situated between Scotland and the Lake District and both are easily accessible by train or by car. Carlisle is a bustling, cultural city that has a large variety of entertainment and leisure options all year round.
- The city of Carlisle has plenty of attractions to offer visitors from the historic Norman Carlisle Castle, where Mary Queen of Scots was once held prisoner. The castle is over 900 hundred years old and sits just to the north of the city centre, it is open to the public and there a guided tours which run every day.
- Hadrian’s Wall is one is the most important and impressive Roman ruins still surviving in Britain today. The wall runs for 73 miles across the width of the country and is easily accessible from Carlisle either on foot or by car.
- The city is also home to a beautiful medieval cathedral as well as plenty of museums and historic buildings.
- Carlisle isn’t only historical ruins and buildings, there are also a large number of entertainment venues ranging from large theatres and cinemas to smaller more intimate venues for music gigs and comedy shows. The city also has a thriving nightlife with a large number of trendy modern bars and nightclubs that are open into the early hours.
- There are plenty of activities available for visitors;Carlisle has its own dry ski slope, as well as plenty of golf courses, football pitches and a racecourse.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
Why wait?, book your holiday to Carlisle today on lowcostholidays.com