Torquay at a Glance
Torquay is about 20 miles south of Exeter in Devon, south west coast of England. What is known as the English Riviera. The town has been a popular seaside resort since the Victorian period and as such is both modern and well developed whilst keeping its traditional charm.
- Around Torquay in what is called the English Riviera there are over 20 miles of unspoilt cliffs, caves, coves and beaches, making it some of the most breath taking and dramatic coastline in the UK.
- Torquay is a classic English seaside town and such has a very relaxed atmosphere, with plenty of parks and family friendly areas.
- The focus of the town is the seafront and in particular the promenade and waterfront which had been newly developed. There are plenty of restaurants that make this modern waterfront very lively and exciting.
- There are plenty of venues and theatres in the town and there is always some form of entertainment going on, from live music to plays and comedy nights.
- Torquay wouldn’t be such a popular seaside resort if there weren’t great beaches. Along the 20 mile stretch of English Riviera there are 20 beaches all of which are easily accessible from Torquay itself. Beaches such as Maidencombe Beach and Watcombe Beach have been favourites with the locals and visitors for years. Most of the beaches have cafes and refreshments.
- The famous Devon countryside is right on Torquay’s doorstep, meaning you can get away from the sea and the beach in seconds and explore some of the UK’s most beautiful scenery.
- Either side of Torquay you have Plymouth and Exeter to explore.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're Fully Licensed.
Book your holiday to Torquay hassle free today on lowcostholidays.com.