Hemel Hempstead at a Glance
In the county of Hertfordshire lies the town of Hemel Hempstead, a relatively modern town built around an old town that has resulted in a mix of modern buildings as well as Tudor and Georgian houses. The River Gade runs through the centre and there’s the lovely large Gadebridge Park to the north of the town where you can play crazy golf or even giant chess. Nearby towns of interest include Berkhamsted to the west and St. Albans and Hatfield to the east.
Top Attractions in Hemel Hempstead
- Marlowes Shopping Centre in the heart of Hemel Hempstead has more than 75 stores including M&S, River Island and New Look, and is a great place to go shopping.
- Jarman Park is a large shopping and leisure complex featuring a bowling alley, swimming pool and cinema plus two dry-ski slopes.
- An exciting day out for both adults and kids over six; visit Quasar Elite where there are four game zones to conquer; Future World, Medieval World, Wild West and World War Two..
- Fancy skiing or snowboarding? Well you can at The Snow Centre, which has the UK’s largest indoor training slope. Head over to Planet Ice for a spot of ice-skating.
- If you’re brave enough spend a few hours at The XC, an extreme sports centre where you can explore an indoor caving system or have a go at climbing and bouldering.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
Shopping, skiing and extreme sports are just some of the activities on offer on holidays to Hemel Hempstead. So for an action packed and affordable holiday book today with lowcostholidays.com.