St Johns Wood/Hampstead at a Glance
Hampstead is an area of north-west London popular for its village-like feel and cosmopolitan scene of music and the arts. It has numerous cultural places of interest as well as good places to eat and drink. Nearby St John’s Wood is one of London’s most exclusive postcodes, and is famously the home of Abbey Road Studios.
St Johns Wood/Hampstead Highlights
- St John’s Wood and Hampstead are ideal for those looking to stay in a lively and interesting part of the city outside of London.
- Hampstead is an area thriving with vibrant cultural attractions. Be sure to visit the Hampstead Theatre, Keats House and the Hampstead Museum. The family-friendly museum pays tribute to the area’s history.
- The attractive, sprawling green of Hampstead Heath is a tranquil and popular spot in the area. It is in total nearly 800 acres. There are ponds, play areas and the highs of Parliament Hill for the best views around.
- St John’s Wood is known for its many celebrity residents, past and present. Paul McCartney owned property here, and the area is perhaps most famous as being the home of Abbey Road Studios, where The Beatles recorded the album of the same name.
- The area is also a popular place for cricket fans to visit, being home to the impressive Lord’s Cricket Ground.
-Why not venture the UK?
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
Make great savings and enjoy a flexible and stress-free booking experience when you plan your city break to London with lowcostholidays.com. You can be sure to plan the perfect trip to suit your party and budget.