Wimbledon at a Glance
Wimbledon is a popular and attractive area of south-west London, most famous for being home to the Wimbledon Tennis Championships. With plenty of sporting facilities not limited to tennis, it is popular with sports fans, and is a pleasant and lively district with plenty to see and do.
- Wimbledon is a great choice for visitors looking to explore a pretty and interesting area of the city, whether you’re visiting for the tennis or off season.
- Synonymous with championship tennis, there’s plenty for tennis fans to enjoy when the tournament is not on. Visit the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum to celebrate and learn about the history of the sport. The museum has a 3D cinema and lots of interactive ways to have fun with tennis.
- If you want a break for the sporting aspect, spend an evening at the impressive Wimbledon Theatre, a beautiful Edwardian building that hosts a great number of interesting plays and performances.
- Wimbledon Common is another popular spot – over 1000 acres of beautiful lawns and woodland that is ideal for a stroll and a picnic in the sunshine. There’s also a windmill, museum and stables.
- Just off the High Street is the charming Wimbledon Village, with an old-town feel and a number of interesting cafes and boutiques. Being close to the common, it has a lovely rural feel that is particularly pleasant in summer.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
Make your Wimbledon holiday your most memorable city break yet, and get away for less when you book on lowcostholidays.com, where you're aure to find great savings and deals to suit you this summer.