Liverpool at a Glance
Liverpool is a diverse and cosmopolitan city in the county of Merseyside, northwest England. A port city, it is a popular and interesting metropolitan area with a number of famous landmarks and cultural attractions.
- Liverpool is one of the most fascinating and buzzing cities in the country. If you’re after a fun city break within the UK, head to Merseyside and enjoy the wealth of cultural attractions and entertainment on offer.
- Liverpool’s Albert Dock is a must-see when visiting the city. An UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is a fascinating place to stroll packed with restaurants, bars, museums and the place to kick off a lot of tours. A vibrant and fun area and one of the most popular attractions in the North West, it’s not to be missed.
- Music fan? Visit key areas relating to Liverpool’s most famous export, The Beatles. There are numerous tours that will take you to Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields and The Beatles Story museum at the Albert Dock.
- Liverpool’s other favourite is, of course, football. If you love sports, take a tour of Anfield, home of the Liverpool Football Club. See behind the scenes and visit the stadium’s museum and club shop.
- Liverpool is a cultural city with a huge number of museums, galleries, theatres and shopping district. Be sure to check out the impressive Tate Liverpool, Merseyside Maritime Museum and the huge new Museum of Liverpool.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
You can make great savings and enjoy simple, stress-free bookings with lowcostholidays.com. Get away for less this year and plan a family holiday or romantic city break in the Liverpool today.