Wetherby at a Glance
A picturesque market town found with the borough of Leeds, Wetherby is in the heart of Yorkshire. Looking out over the River Wharfe, the town is home to some beautifully historic sights, and is surrounded by the lush countryside of the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors.
- Take a wander across the town and you will see some beautiful historical buildings, with many coach houses having survived the test of time. The impressive Wetherby Bridge is also an historical sight you can see as you explore the town.
- You can take the historical trail to discover some fascinating insights in the town’s past, starting in the modern part of town, where you will see some blue plaques informing you of noteworthy buildings. After crossing the bridge the trail will take you across into the High Street, past buildings that can even be seen on the 1838 map of the town.
- Notable sights in Wetherby include The Shambles, built by the Duke of Devonshire in 1811, and St James’ Church, built in 1839.
Activities in Wetherby
- No trip to Wetherby would be complete without visiting its famed race course. Thought to be one of the UK’s finest jumping tracks, it’s where you can enjoy watching a jump race.
- Walking is a popular pastime for those that live in and visit the town, as there is so much rolling landscape surrounding it. You can pick a variety of different routes that will suit all levels and ages and explore some of the most beautiful countryside in the region.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected by ABTA and ATOL.
Book your trip to Wetherby today on lowcostholidays.com