Birmingham Alabama at a Glance
The city of Birmingham is the largest in the American state of Alabama. It is the county seat for Jefferson County, and is a home to almost a quarter of the total population of Alabama. Nowadays, Birmingham is a vibrant, modern city, combining state of the art contemporary attractions with a rich streak of local culture.
- History fans: A rich and varied history, making this an attractive destination for anyone interested in uncovering the past.
- Families: you’ll find some exciting attractions here for young and old alike.
- Culture lovers: Birmingham boasts a number of annual festivals, and enjoys a lively contemporary culture.
Explore Birmingham Alabama
During a holiday to Birmingham, Alabama, you’ll have the chance to explore a varied range of attractions – from stylish, contemporary entertainments, through to historic monuments and fascinating museums.
Why a Birmingham Alabama Holiday?
- The largest and most significant of the museums is the Museum of Art; also ranking as the largest art museum in the American Southeast, this lavish collection includes works of art produced by some of the most important artists of the twentieth century. Then there’s the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. This interesting installation charts its history, in relation to the US Civil Rights Movement.
- For anybody visiting with their family, the McWane Science Center is a great option for a day out. Here you’ll find a wide selection of interactive, hands-on exhibits, as well as a massive iMAX dome cinema.
- Some of the more contemporary attractions on offer include a number of annual festivals, live music venues and cultural events. In the last weekend of September for example, the Sidewalk Moving Picture Festival is a popular, home grown film festival. Then there’s the Taste of 4th Avenue Jazz Festival, a colourful celebration of all varieties of jazz music.
- When it comes to day trips during your visit to Birmingham, there are some great options for excursions in the surroundings. You could take a trip to Joe Minter's African Village for example, or even head up to the top of the majestic Red Mountain – this towering peak overlooks the city of Birmingham, and offers some outstanding views across the city, and beyond.
Book with Confidence on lowcostholidays.com
Looking at planning a holiday to Birmingham? Then talk to lowcostholidays.com now, to take advantage of our experts extensive knowledge and experience of the industry. We can bring you the very best rates on cheap flights and hotels, allowing you to plan a holiday that suits your budget.
So, why bother with the standard package holiday to Birmingham? Instead, begin planning your own perfect holiday now, when you talk to lowcostholidays.