Georgia at a Glance
Situated in the southeast corner of the USA, Georgia is one of the original thirteen colonies, and was named after King George II of Britain. Some of the nicknames by which the state is sometimes referred to include ‘the Empire State of the South’ and ‘the Peach State’.
- Fans of fine art. Just a few of the countless museums and galleries here include the Morris Museum of Art, the Michael C. Carlos Museum, the Telfair Museum of Art and the High Museum of Art.
- Georgia is a great destination for outdoor sports, too – head towards the Blue Ridge Mountains in the north, and you’ll be able to experience a wide range of exciting activities – including hiking, rock climbing, horse riding, mountain biking and even white water rafting!
Must-see on a Georgia Holiday
Georgia boasts a number of exciting, colourful cities, set against a backdrop of dramatic mountains and plains. From thrilling outdoor pursuits to traditional architecture, there’ll be something for everyone on a holiday to Georgia!
- Atlanta is the capital city of Georgia, and the most populous city anywhere in the state. Here you’ll be able to enjoy a wide range of cultural attractions – from traditional colonial architecture, to a wealth of museums, theatres and art galleries. The city also boasts a good selection of restaurants, bars and nightclubs.
- Anyone with a passion for nature should pay a visit to the Blue Ridge Mountains, in the north of the state. These dramatic outcrops are a part of the larger Appalachian Mountains system, and offer the perfect terrain for hiking, horse riding or rock climbing. The highest peak is at Brasstown Bald, and reaches a total height of 4,784 feet above sea level.
Why a Holiday to Georgia?
- Georgia is an exciting, vibrant destination, which can trace its history back as far as colonial times. Visitors will be able to enjoy a great combination of history, tradition and modern entertainments during a holiday to Georgia.
- The people of Georgia are known for their warm hospitality – making this friendly state a good destination for anyone planning a family holiday to the USA.
Book your Cheap Holiday to Georgia
If you’re looking for a great deal on your holiday to Georgia, then talk to lowcostholidays.com now! By comparing prices for flights and accommodation, we are able to find you the very best rates going on holiday bookings.
Are you tired of the standard package holidays? Then allow lowcostholidays.com to help you put together your own perfect holiday in Georgia. We will help to tailor your trip to suit you, and at a price you can afford!