Kona at a Glance
Located in Hawaii County, Kona is one of the livelier tourist destinations to visit on Hawaii’s west island. Here you’ll find a great range of resort attractions, including bars, cafés, shops and restaurants – not to mention some of the greatest Pacific beaches in the world.
- Families: the relaxed atmosphere of Kona – combined with the famous Hawaiian hospitality – makes this a great destination for family holidays.
- Beaches: Hawaii boasts some of the finest beaches in the world, and nowhere makes a better base for a beach holiday, than Kona.
- Volcanoes: when you head out into the Hawaiian interior, you’ll be able to witness the dramatic landscape that this island is so famous for – with massive rock formations, volcanoes and waterfalls.
Why a Holidy to Kona?
- Head to the centre of Kona, and you’ll find streets lined with bars, restaurants and cafés. The town boasts a very friendly, laid-back atmosphere, making it a great destination for all of the family.
- Kona is an important leg of to the famous Ironman World Championship. This extreme triathlon is watched by millions of views, and uses the town of Kona as both a start and finish point. Other annual attractions here are the Hawaiian International Billfish Tournament, and the Kona Coffee Festival.
- The area around Kona also produces its own coffee beans – this sub genus of 'Coffee Arabica' has a distinctively nutty flavour, and is one of the region’s proudest exports. It is grown on the slopes of Mauna Loa and Mount Hualalai to the north, as well as in the plantations to the south of the region. You’ll have plenty of chances to try it for yourself, at any one of the town’s many cafes and coffee shops.
- When it comes to excursions, you’ll be spoiled for choice during your holiday to Kona. First of all, there are the beaches – Hawaii is famous for its tropical climate and beautiful Pacific coast, and Kona really is no exception.
- Alternatively, why not head inland? Take a trip to the magnificent Volcanoes National Park, and you’ll be able to witness some of the most dramatic landscapes anywhere in the USA. Towering waterfalls, tropical vegetation and dramatic volcanoes make this an incredible destination for sightseeing tours.
Book your cheap holiday in Kona
Thinking of planning a holiday in Kona? If you are, then you need look no further than lowcostholidays.com. Our superior rates and excellent customer service make us the leading choice for planning a tailor made holiday to Kona.
We are able to bring you the very best flights and accommodation deals on the market, allowing you to build your very own holiday to Kona from scratch. The end result? A perfect holiday, which you will no doubt remember for years to come.