Detroit at a Glance
The city of Detroit is located on the bank of the Detroit River, in the US state of Michigan. It is the largest city in the state by far, and this boasts strong associations with both music, and the history of the automobile.
- You're a fan of motown
- You have an interest in art and culture
- You're a shopaholic!
Best Selling Hotels
Must-see in Detroit
- The Museum of African-American History: This fascinating cultural attraction charts the role of blacks in American history, and in particular their relevance to the heritage of Detroit. One of the main exhibitions at the museum details the ‘underground railway’, which offered an escape route for many slaves.
- The Detroit Institute of Fine Arts: This extensive museum boasts a collection that includes artists from all around the world. Just a few of the illustrious names associated with the Detroit Institute of Fine Arts include Van Gogh, Matisse, Picasso and Rembrandt.
- The Renaissance Centre: This colossal construction consists of six towering skyscrapers, linked together into one massive entertainments complex. Inside you’ll find the famous Westin Hotel, as well as a great selection of shops, theatres, restaurants and bars.
- The Motown Museum: This fascinating museum is housed in a building which use to be a recording studio during the years from 1957 to 1972. It was here that Marvin Gaye and many of the other famous names associated with the genre recorded some of their best-loved hits.
Why a Holiday in Detroit?
- Fans of motown music need to make the pilgrimage to Detroit at some point in their life – this lively city was the birthplace of motown, and nowadays you’ll be able to visit both music venues, and museums that are dedicated to the genre.
- Detroit is set in an area of great natural beauty, close to the Detroit River, and the Lakes St Clair, Huron and Erie. As a result, it’s a great destination for outdoor sports. Just some of the activities on offer around Detroit include mountain biking, horse riding, sailing and a wide range of other water sports.
- If you’re looking for somewhere peaceful to unwind during your holiday, then visit Belle Isle. This beautiful area boasts a selection of walking trails and outdoor activities, as well as a zoo, an aquarium and a number of museums.
Book your Cheap Holiday to Detroit
If you’re thinking of booking a holiday to Detroit, then talk to lowcostholidays.com now! By comparing some of the best rates on the market for flights and accommodation, we are able to provide you with the best deals going when it comes to holidays in Detroit.
Don’t settle for the standard package holiday – instead, talk to lowcostholidays.com, and start planning your own tailor-made trip to Detroit!