Santa Fe at a Glance
Santa Fe, New Mexico is known as ‘The City Different’ and it’s not hard to see why. Influenced by Pueblo ancestry, Spanish settlers, and pioneering European explorers, Santa Fe is a city of marvellous diversity and offers visitors a wealth of things to see and do.
Top Attractions in Santa Fe
- Take the Geocoaching Challenge for a unique way to explore Santa Fe.
- The vibrant Native American market is a great place to pick up a bargain.
- Take a break from the European ski circuit and try the slopes in Santa Fe.
Discover Santa Fe
Santa Fe offers visitors a unique insight into the Native American heritage that is so famous in this area of the USA. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing holiday in the sun or you prefer more active attractions, there is something to appeal to everyone.
Activities and Attractions in Santa Fe
- Take a road trip to see the gorgeous landscape, explore the Native American heritage in New Mexico, or take a trip into the hills. Whatever you want your road trip to be, you will find something to suit you in Santa Fe.
- Visit one of the Native American Pueblos, where you can find out about Native American heritage as well as modern life and culture. There are eight Pueblos in Santa Fe and its immediate surroundings to choose from, each offering different activities and tours for the curious and intrepid tourist.
- For thrill-seekers, don’t miss the chance to go river rafting on the nearby Rio Grande Lakes, or if you prefer dry land, take the chance to explore the hills on a hike or take a bike tour. For something entirely different, take the Geocoaching Challenge – follow a GPS to seek out landmarks and win a prize for completing the challenge!
- If you prefer a quieter day out, visit one of Santa Fe’s 50 parks, where a range of activities are on offer. Choose from fishing, horse riding, tennis, skateboarding and much more! Or, if you prefer, relax on one of the many benches and take in the beautiful surroundings.
- During the winter, Santa Fe is popular with skiers and other snow sport enthusiasts. With ski runs suitable for all ages and abilities, Santa Fe is a great place for families to visit.
Dining, Shopping and Nightlife in Santa Fe
- For an All-American evening, take in a movie at one of the local movie theatres. Lots of movies are filmed in Santa Fe, so see if you can spot a nearby landmark! If you’re feeling lucky, visit one of the local casinos to place a bet, watch a show or grab a bite to eat.
- Santa Fe also has a range of nightclubs, each with a cool, laid-back style, that are generally open until late.
- Visit the Native American market for traditional art and jewellery, or visit the local shopping malls for great deals on clothing and other goods.
Interested in similar destinations in New Mexico? Check out holidays to Gallup here.