Holidays to Portland
Officially known as the ‘City of Roses’, Portland in the US state of Oregon has a legacy of preserving open spaces, scenic views and beautiful reservoirs. The greenest city in America also boasts the largest wilderness park, with a plethora of outdoor and cultural activities on offer to enjoy.
You’ll love Portland OR If…
- You like the outdoors and adventure
- You’re a family looking for a city with lots of green space.
- You want to be within reach of a beach.
Explore Portland OR
Visit one of many of Portland’s stunning green parks such as Cathedral and Chimney Park for a great picnic spot in the sunshine. Though Portland has many districts including Greater Portland and Deering, Downtown is where many visitors spend most of their time. Visit the Old Port, as well for great dining experiences and shopping trips out with the family. Try to visit the Diamond Cave which has previously served as a coastal artillery base protecting Portland Harbor up until the 1940s. There is now a fantastic four star restaurant which offers some beautiful cuisine, as well as the opportunity for visitors to explore the historic site itself.
#Why a Portland OR Holiday?
- Portland has been recognised as the greenest city in the USA and is the perfect holiday destination for long relaxing day trips with the family, soaking up some of the state's history and visiting the numerous museums and art galleries dotted around the city.
- Day trips to the beach can also be taken if the stunning greenery of the city has been exhausted, with the Crescent Beach State Park just a short drive away.
- Culturally, there is also an array of things to do in the city. Visit in June in time for the Portland Rose Festival which features parades, dragon boat races, a carnival and many more exciting events.
- Spend a night at the beautiful Portland Opera for some world class entertainment. Similarly if you enjoy more of the arts then visit one of many art exhibitions at the famous Portland Art Museum.
- For the more adventurous, take a day trip to the Peak Islands for an exhilarating hiking experience or rent a bike or even kayak around the Casco Bay Islands to admire some of the beautiful scenery on offer.
- The nightlife in Portland is mainly within the Downtown area with numerous restaurants, bars and live entertainment venues with something to suit all ages.